Monel 400 heavy hex bolts work in many chemical and marine applications, but their uses don’t stop there. KD Fasteners, Inc. has a full line of standard and custom Monel 400 heavy hex bolts to meet all of your needs.
Monel 400 heavy hex bolts are resistant to sea water and steam at high temperatures as well as salt and caustic solutions. They also provide excellent resistance to rapidly flowing brackish water or seawater.
Monel 400 contains at least 63 percent nickel and between 29 and 34 percent copper, between 2 and 2.5 percent iron and between 1.5 and 2 percent manganese. This solid solution nickel alloy is hardened by cold working.
Monel 400 Characteristics
- Good corrosion resistance
- Good weldability
- Moderate to high strength
- Slightly magnetic at room temperature
- Good mechanical properties from subzero temperatures up to 1000°F in oxidizing atmospheres
- Chemical processing equipment
- Oil industry
- Marine industry
- Steam generators
- Brine heaters
- Seawater scrubbers
- Sulfuric acid and hydrofluoric acid alkylation plants
- Heat exchangers
- Oil refineries
- Uranium and isotope separation refineries for nuclear fuel
- Plastics plants
- Propeller and pump shafts
- Marine fixtures and fasteners
- Electrical components
- Gasoline and freshwater tanks
- Crude petroleum stills
- Offshore oil and gas drilling
Monel 400 heavy hex bolts are custom made with quick turnaround times. Available in standard (inch) and metric sizing. Standard sizes are available up to4-inch diameter and custom sized diameter goes up to 3 ½ inches. Products are made in the USA. Whether you need a standard or custom size, KD Fasteners has a solution for you. Contact us today by calling 1-800-736-501 or filling out our contact form.