KD Fasteners, Inc.’s Inconel 718 hex nuts are ideal for extreme environments that require oxidation and corrosion resistant nuts, even when heated under pressure.
Inconel 718 hex nuts have high strength and corrosion resistance. Additionally, they are known for their high strength capabilities and usability to 1800°F.
Inconel 718’s excellent corrosion resistance at elevated temperatures is due to the nickel-chromium content, even when combating chloride-ion stress-corrosion cracking. The addition of molybdenum to the alloy helps prevent pitting.
Also known as alloy 718, Inconel 718 hex nuts are precipitation hardened. The heating and quenching process is used to change the alloy’s atomic structure, making it stronger by locking the metal’s grain structure in place. Additional strength can be gained by cold working.
Inconel 718 hex nuts are also twice as strong as Inconel 625 hex nuts. They have exceptionally high yield, tensile and creep-rupture properties at temperatures up to 1300°F.
Inconel 718 Characteristics
- Holds strength from -423° to 1300°F
- Easily fabricated
- Excellent creep and stress rupture strength
- Good ductility to 1300°F
- Good resistance to many inorganic and organic compounds in a wide range of acidity and alkalinity
- Withstands sulfur compounds and mild oxidizing media
- Highly resistant to chloride and sulfide stress corrosion cracking
- Excellent resistance to H2S, CO2, chloride and sour gas environments
- Resistant to aqueous corrosion
- Gas engine turbines
- Cryogenic tanks
- Liquid fueled rockets
- Jet engines
- Oil and gas drilling
- Natural gas processing
- Down-hole oil shafts and wellheads
- Chemical processing
- Steam generators
- Nuclear pressurized water reactors
Whatever Inconel 718 hex nut you’re looking for, if we don’t have it on our shelf, we can quickly manufacture if for you. Standard sizes are available in ¼ to 3-inch diameter. However, we can custom make your Inconel 718 hex nuts to your exact specifications, including a larger diameter. Our hex nut styles include:
- Finished hex
- Machine screw nut
- Heavy hex nut
- Nylon insert lock nuts
- Top lock nuts
All of our Inconel 718 hex nuts are made in the United States. Contact us today by calling 1-800-736-5014 or filling out our contact form.