KD Fasteners, Inc.’s Inconel 718 heavy hex bolts are high strength and corrosion resistant. They are the perfect bolt for anything from gas engine turbines to cryogenic tanks.
Inconel 718 heavy hex bolts are ideal for extreme environments that require oxidation and corrosion resistant bolts, even when subjected to pressure and heat. Inconel 718 heavy hex bolts are also twice as strong as Inconel 625 heavy hex bolts.
Additionally, due to their nickel-chromium content, Inconel 718 heavy hex bolts have excellent resistance even when combating chloride-ion stress-corrosion cracking. The addition of molybdenum to the alloy helps prevent pitting.
Inconel 718 Characteristics
- Holds strength from -423° to 1300°F
- Easily fabricated
- Excellent creep and stress rupture strength
- Good ductility to 1300°F
- Good resistance to many inorganic and organic compounds in a wide range of acidity and alkalinity
- Withstands sulfur compounds and mild oxidizing media
- Highly resistant to chloride and sulfide stress corrosion cracking
- Excellent resistance to H2S, CO2, chloride and sour gas environments
- Resistant to aqueous corrosion
Additional applications for Inconel 718 heavy hex bolts include:
- Gas engine turbines
- Cryogenic tanks
- Liquid fueled rockets
- Jet engines
- Oil and gas drilling
- Natural gas processing
- Down-hole oil shafts and wellheads
- Chemical processing
- Steam generators
- Nuclear pressurized water reactors
Inconel 718 heavy hex bolts are custom made with quick turnaround times. available in standard (inch) and metric sizing. Standard sizes available up to 4-inch diameter and custom sized diameter is up to 3 ½ inches. Products are made in the USA. Whether you need a standard or custom size, KD Fasteners has a solution for you. Contact us today by calling 1-800-736-5014 or filling out our contact form.