KD Fastener Inc.’s Inconel 600 hex bolts are perfect for applications requiring corrosion and heat resistance.
Inconel 600 hex bolts also have excellent mechanical properties and present the desirable combination of high strength and good workability. A nickel-chromium alloy, Inconel 600 also has good oxidation resistance at high temperatures and good resistance in carburizing and chloride containing environments.
The high nickel content enables Inconel 600 to retain considerable resistance under reducing conditions and makes it resistant to corrosion by a number of organic and inorganic compounds. The nickel content also gives Inconel 600 excellent resistance to chloride-ion stress-corrosion cracking and provides excellent resistance to alkaline solutions.
The chromium content of Inconel 600 gives the alloy resistance to sulfur compounds and various oxidizing environments. Additionally, Inconel 600 hex bolts resist steam and mixtures of steam, air and carbon dioxide.
Inconel 600 Properties
- Virtually immune to chloride ion stress corrosion cracking
- Good caustic corrosion resistance
- Resistant to dry C12 to about 1000°F
- Oxidation resistance to 2000°F
- Carburization resistance
- High strength
- Heat resistance
- Cryogenic to 2000°F
- Good resistance to corrosion and heat
- Resistant to chloride-ion stress corrosion cracking
- Resistant to corrosion by high purity water
- Resistant to caustic corrosion
Inconel 600 hex bolts are used throughout the chemical industry for their strength and corrosion resistance. But their usefulness is not limited to the chemical industry.
- Heaters, stills, bubble towers and condensers for processing fatty acids
- Evaporator tubes, tube sheets and flaking trays for the manufacture of sodium sulfide
- Paper industry
- Vacuum furnace fixtures
- Chlorination equipment to 1000°F
- Titanium dioxide plants
- Perchloroethylene syntheses
- Magnesium chloride
- Barge and tank trucks
- Carburizing atmospheres
- Ethylene dichloride crackers
- Furnace trays, mufflers, hangers
- Gasoline stabilizer production
- MgCl2 evaporates
- Soap manufacture
- Titanium dioxide
- Vegetable and fatty acid vessels
- Other chemical processes
- Food processing
- Heat treating
- Phenol condensers
Inconel 600 hex bolts, also known as Hex Cap Screws, are available in standard (inch) and metric sizing. Standard sizes are offered in ¼ inch to 2 ½ inch diameter and custom Inconel 600 hex bolts can be manufactured at larger diameters. All of our Inconel 600 hex bolts are made in the United States.