Compared to standard stainless steel, 300 series socket set screws are less corrosive when exposed to the environment. This modification makes these socket set screws ideal for a wide variety of applications.
300 series stainless steel is 18 percent chromium and 8 percent nickel which is why it’s also known as 18-8 stainless steel.
300 series Stainless Steel characteristics:
- Maintain strength at high temperatures
- Low electrical and thermal conductivity
- Anti-rust properties
- High-temperature tolerance
- Low maintenance properties
- Resists corrosion
KD Fasteners, Inc. offers ready and custom made 300 series stainless steel socket set screws in the following grades.
- 302 – tough and ductile, cold working increases hardness
- 302 HQ
- 304 – versatile, carbide precipitation minimized, high-temperature applications, resists acid corrosion
- A2- the metric equivalent of the 300 series
KD Fasteners, Inc.’s line of 300 series stainless steel socket set screws are incredibly versatile and can easily be used in a variety of applications
- Cookware products
- Appliance products
- Military (MilSpec compliant)
- Oil and gas
- Water treatment
KD Fasteners Inc.’s stainless steel socket set screws come headless with a drive on top.
- Full dog, half dog
- Nylon tip
- Brass top
- Cone point
- Knurled cup point
KD Fasteners Inc. carries a full line of stainless steel socket set screws in sizes 0-80 to 2 inches. We also manufacture special orders ranging from short runs of 25 pieces to large runs of thousands of pieces.
Our stainless steel socket set screws are made in America. Contact us today by calling 1-800-736-5014 or filling out our contact form.