Monel 400 socket set screws’ excellent corrosion resistance and high strength make them useful fasteners for a variety of applications.
Their corrosion resistance in sea water, hydrofluoric acid, sulfuric acid, and alkalis, especially, make them ideal for marine engineering as well as chemical and hydrocarbon processing applications.
Monel 400 socket set screws are also incredibly resistant to steam, salt, and caustic solutions and rapidly flowing brackish water.
Monel 400 is made of at least 63 percent nickel and between 29 and 34 percent copper, between 2 and 2.5 percent iron and between 1.5 and 2 percent manganese. A nickel alloy, Monel 400 is hardened by cold working.
- Good corrosion resistance
- Good weldability
- Moderate to high strength
- Slightly magnetic at room temperature
- Good mechanical properties from subzero
temperatures up to 1000°F in oxidizing atmospheres
- Chemical processing equipment
- Oil industry
- Marine industry
- Steam generators
- Brine heaters
- Sea water scrubbers
- Sulfuric acid and hydrofluoric acid alkylation plants
- Heat exchangers
- Oil refineries
- Uranium and isotope separation refineries for nuclear fuel
- Plastics plants
- Propeller and pump shafts
- Marine fixtures and fasteners
- Electrical components
- Gasoline and fresh water tanks
- Crude petroleum stills
- Offshore oil and gas drilling
- Square drives (Roberson)
- Full dog, half dog
- Nylon tip
- Brass top
- Cone point
- Knurled cup point
KD Fasteners, Inc. carries a full line of Monel 400 socket set screws. They are available in sizes 0-80 to 2 inches. We also manufacture special orders ranging from short runs to large runs of thousands of pieces.
Contact us today by calling 1-800-736-5014 or filling out our contact form.