KD Fasteners, Inc.’s Inconel Nylon 718 lock nuts are made for extreme environments that require oxidation and corrosion resistance, even when subjected to pressure and heat.
Inconel 718, also known as Alloy 718, is twice as strong as Inconel 625. It is incredibly corrosion resistant and used at -423°F to 1300°F. This makes it useful for gas engine turbines and cryogenic tanks.
Additionally, due to their nickel-chromium content, Inconel Nylon 718 lock nuts have excellent resistance even when combating chloride-ion stress-corrosion cracking. The addition of molybdenum to the alloy helps prevent pitting.
Inconel 718 has also been precipitation hardened. The heating and quenching process is used to change the alloy’s atomic structure, making it stronger by locking the metal’s grain structure in place.
Inconel 718 Characteristics
- Holds strength from -423° to 1300°F
- Easily fabricated
- Excellent creep and stress rupture strength
- Good ductility to 1300°F
- Good resistance to many inorganic and organic compounds in a wide range of acidity and alkalinity
- Withstands sulfur compounds and mild oxidizing media
- Highly resistant to chloride and sulfide stress corrosion cracking
- Excellent resistance to H2S, CO2, chloride and sour gas environments
- Resistant to aqueous corrosion
When nylon inserts are added to the Inconel 718 lock nuts, they resist becoming loose due to vibration or shock loading. This addition makes them useful in a large variety of applications.
- Thin Pattern
- Thin heavy pattern
- Heavy Pattern
- Custom Upon Request
- Rocket components
- Power generation turbines
- Nuclear reactors
- Gas engine turbines
- Cryogenic tanks
- Liquid fueled rockets
- Jet engines
- Oil and gas drilling
- Natural gas processing
- Down-hole oil shafts and wellheads
- Chemical processing
- Steam generators
- Nuclear pressurized water reactors
Whether you need a standard or custom size, KD Fasteners has a solution for you. Products are made in the USA. Contact us today by calling 1-800-736-5014 or filling out our contact form.