Popular in the chemical industry for their strength and corrosion resistance, Inconel 600 socket set screws’ usefulness is not limited to one industry.
KD Fasteners, Inc.’s Inconel 600 socket set screws provide great heat resistance, high strength and good workability.
A nickel-chromium alloy, Inconel 600 also has good oxidation resistance at high temperatures and good resistance in carburizing and chloride containing environments.
The high nickel content enables Inconel 600 to retain considerable resistance under reducing conditions and makes it resistant to corrosion by a number of organic and inorganic compounds. The nickel content also gives Inconel 600 excellent resistance to chloride-ion stress-corrosion cracking and provides excellent resistance to alkaline solutions.
The chromium content of Inconel 600 gives the alloy resistance to sulfur compounds and various oxidizing environments. Additionally, Inconel 600 socket set screws resist steam and mixtures of steam, air and carbon dioxide.
Inconel 600 Properties
- Virtually immune to chloride ion stress corrosion cracking
- Good caustic corrosion resistance
- Resistant to dry C12 to about 1000°F
- Oxidation resistance to 2000°F
- Carburization resistance
- High strength
- Heat resistance
- Cryogenic to 2000°F
- Good resistance to corrosion and heat
- Resistant to chloride-ion stress corrosion cracking
- Resistant to corrosion by high purity water
- Resistant to caustic corrosion
- Heaters, stills, bubble towers and condensers for processing fatty acids
- Evaporator tubes, tube sheets and flaking trays for the manufacture of sodium sulfide
- Paper industry
- Vacuum furnace fixtures
- Chlorination equipment to 1000°F
- Titanium dioxide plants
- Perchloroethylene syntheses
- Magnesium chloride
- Barge and tank trucks
- Carburizing atmospheres
- Ethylene dichloride crackers
- Furnace trays, mufflers, hangers
- Gasoline stabilizer production
- MgCl2 evaporates
- Soap manufacture
- Titanium dioxide
- Vegetable and fatty acid vessels
- Other chemical processes
- Food processing
- Heat treating
- Phenol condensers
KD Fasteners Inc.’s Inconel 600 socket set screws come headless with a drive on top.
- Square drives (Roberson)
Socket set screws are available in a large variety of points. These include:
- Full dog
- Half dog
- Nylon tip
- Brass top
- Cone point
- Knurled cup point
KD Fasteners, Inc. carries a full line of Inconel 600 socket set screws. They are available in sizes 0-80 to 2 inches. We can also supply special orders ranging from short runs to large runs of thousands of pieces.
Our socket set screws are made in the United States. Contact us today by calling 1-800-736-5014 or filling out our contact form.